Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday 12th

Progress is coming along nicely for my supernova costumes. My Shinku, Rozen maiden outfit is just waiting on hand sewing, as is my Mrs Lovett. I have a bit more than that to do on my packing padme, but at least I am progressing. Although, now I have a couple of more projects cropping up. Next Saturday 21st for one. I have the vintage fashion fair in the morning and of course I wanted a new dress. Thankfully I had one that just needed some hand sewing. It had been sitting in my room for all of 2 months waiting to be sewn. I got stuck into it the other night, and then realised that the skirts were already sewn together and hemmed and all I had to do was sew the skirt to the bodice and insert the zip. I am rather relieved that’s all I had to do. And while it is a 1950s design, I am going to make it more 1960s, as they still had the same style in the early 60s, but bigger and much cooler hair.

But then on the Saturday night, I am going to a friend’s housewarming party and it just so happens to be costumed. The theme is cultural costume (I guess because of harmony day on the 20th). I am going to make up an Egyptian outfit. Ancient Egyptian of course, because I love the makeup. So, tonight on my trip over to Spotlight, I picked up some bits and pieces of fabric. Mostly just to wrap around me in a fashion. But I think it is going to work. Either way it looks set to be done this weekend. Busy.

Oh and on the Steampunk front, I have changed my mind (yes again) as to what I will be doing. I wasn’t really happy with how my fabric was looking, I probably picked something that was just a little wrong. So instead, I am going to do a very oriental inspired outfit. My plans so far are to track down a hat (one of those traditional cone style ones), I am still going to have long hair, thought I am thinking braids, and maybe twisted up some way. Oh and I am still using the same jacket pattern that I had intended to use, but I will get a chinese brocade fabric for the vest part. And I am thinking black cotton or linen pants (really loose) and boots. Not sure what boots yet, I may just go for a sandal or ballet flat. But at least I am getting my preliminary designs set in my head. But that is all going to wait on hold until after I get my April costumes completed. I looks set to be a busy year.

No comments:

Post a Comment