Tuesday, March 9, 2010

JAFA Progress entry #12

Okay, so it's not really a progress report per se, but it does have to do with JAFA. I have been hunting for historically appropriate shoes for regency that I am able to dance in. Most of the current ballet flat shoes are appropriate, but they tend to fall off my feet when I dance. And then today I went to Wittner. I got these most perfect lace up flat shoes. They don't really look like much, but they are exactly what I was after, and they are leather too, so they should last for quite some time. It would have been great it they had some lightly coloured ones, but it was either black or white with polka dots.

Now I just need to find some form of footwear that works for my Georgian outfits. It may come down to me wearing my 1940s style shoes as they at least have the correct heel shape and height. I foresee some internet shoe hunting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment