Friday, March 26, 2010

JAFA Progress entry #17

And as an update that I have not been completely lazy this week (I have kinda been caught up trying to get my Sims through University), I have made a little progress on my remaining JAFA items. I finnished my first fan. Last year around November, I purchased a whole box of plain paper fans with the intention of painting a couple to match my dresses. While resting my fingers from the hand sewing needle, I got stuck into painting one. It's very simple, but I think I need to do a little more research on what constitutes an historically accurate fan, or something that is appropriate at least.

And in another bust of energy, I got stuck into styling my Georigan wig. Last you saw was that it was rolled up in curlers. I let it dry for a few days and then let it down. Somewhat to my surprise it was very curly, though I think this is in most part due to me using hairspray as well as water to set the curls. I then attacked it with my tail comb and some more hairspray. I backcombed the topmost curls to get a good wad of height in there first, and the started pinning it back. I ended up chopping out quite a bit of hair but that was not really unexpected considering the beginning length of the wig. So after styling, I popped the hat on top... (excuse the PJs).

No comments:

Post a Comment