See, my holidays so far have been productive. This is the very first of my proof. Photos of my completed 18th Century Hoops. I am rather pleased with how they turned out, but they are rather massive. I used Butterick 4484, but I wonder if they are the correct size. They do seem to sit rather horizontal on the mannequin and on me, but once I get a petticoat, underskirt and overdress on top, they might weight it down a bit.
The thing I like best about these is that they are complete pockets. You can see in the last picture that there is a hand split in the top, and there is a lot of room in there to put stuff. Makes it a rather handy place to put my phone, wallet, fan and hankie. I wouldn't put too much or too heavy stuff in there, but it will be useful.
I have also mocked up my 1830s dress and fixed the pattern. All I need to do now is complete the pattern pieces and cut it all out. There are a few other things that I have made a start on, but I will put up photos of them once they are done. Oh well, back to the machine I go.