Thursday, January 15, 2009

1800s - 1830s Long Corset

And here it is. The unveiling of my new Regency / Romantic Corset. I am rather pleased with how it has turned out. Like I mentioned before, I made sure that I cut everything on the straight grain (pattern says bias) so that they would not stretch out of shape funny. And I think for ally my success, the corset is a lot stronger than it was last time. I mean, it probably helps that I made it three layers instead of two this time, but still.

The only qualm I have is that it could do with a smidge more shaping. I think I could easily add in another gusset at the hip, which would help pull my waist in properly. On the plus side, I am really happy with the amount of boning I have in the corset this time. I find that it gives me a really nice shape. It holds firm well and pulls everything in comfortably without distorting the bones.

NOTE - Sorry about the bad photo. I normally get my mum to take them, but as she is currently on holidays, it makes it rather difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment