Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And there's more

Now it is onto my next project. I ask you, why does it seem like I finish one, and immediately have to start work on something else? It's all these invites. I guess you really are in the costume world once you start having to turn down events because your weekends disappear completely one after the other.

At any rate, my next project is a 1950s dress. I have 2 weeks to get it done (thankfully there are a couple days off work in that timeframe that will translate into sewing days). I am whipping this one up in time for my Birthday party. In honour of my quarter century birthday, I decided to do a 50s theme party. So far, the invites have been sent out (see photo), I have decided on my menu, games, movies etc. I need to make a couple of decisions yet about decor, but that should not be too much of a problem.

As for my dress, I decided to go hunting through my fabric stash last night (instead of buying something new. I dug out a lovely yellow floral piece of fabric that was gifted to me after sitting in my mum's cupboard for about 15 years. I had always admired it and she thought that I could do more justice with the fabric since I do actually wear vintage dresses. To me it screams 1950s. I have picked out one of my vintage patterns, and now I just have to size it up a smidge and cut it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment