Sunday, April 19, 2009

Migunyah House Book Launch

Yesterday saw me off to Miegunyah House in Bowen Hills for a book launch. I, of course was in my 1907 Afternoon Gown. I thankfully finished it all on time (Friday night, I only had buttons left to sew on). I am really pleased with how it turned out. The lace at the neck turned out to be a little scratchy at first, but not really an issue. The only problem that I really had was that the bodice kept slipping back a bit. I think that for next time that I wear this dress, I will either add a brooch to hold it in place or just safety pin it to hold.

As for the book launch itself, I had a nice time. We toured around Miegunyah House for a bit, our job was to basically add ambiance to the event. To help people picture what would have been worn at different times throughout history. We had 1839, 1850s, 1880s, 1907 and 1945. So we managed to cover quite a chunk of history. But the real interest are the photos of our outfits...

1839, Rebecca...
 

1850s, Paul and Narelle...
 

1880s, Cherie and Rachelle...


Victorian Gentleman, Nathan...


1945, Kerry...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment