Saturday, June 29, 2013

Supa Syd 2

The final day in Sydney dawned wet. I had spent all of Saturday trying to keep my long gowns out of the wet and it was really a relief to be in a costume where I just didn't have to worry. For my final day of Supanova, I decided to Disney it up and wear my Vanellope Von Schweetz costume from Wreck It Ralph. Unfortunately my repaired hair liquorice did not make the suitcase trip so well and had broken into even more pieces. I had to resort to sticky tape, but I suspect there may be a new one being made in my future.
On the whole though, it is a comfy and warm costume. My jumper is actually a pretty light knit jersey fabric, but I layered up the tshirt and long sleeve shirt underneath for a little extra warmth. My little black boots kept my feet nice and dry and I managed to refrain from rubbing my nose and removing any of the makeup.

I had a blast dressed as Vanellope, and there were quite a lot of small children who obviously love the movie as much as me. I even had my photo take with a mini-Vanellope who was incredibly excited to see me dressed up too.

After a full day of shopping, lining up for photos and costume viewing, I trooped on back to collect my suitcase and remove my wig before heading to the airport. I didn't make it back home until 11.00pm, so come 6am when I had to get up for work on Monday, it was a struggle. And in the aftermath of it all, I managed to catch the con cold. It has been an awful week of feeling terrible and curling up in bed all day, but I am slowly getting over it (I think).

And to finish my post, photos of some of the other amazing costumes on show throughout the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment