Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Disney On Ice

After being cooped up inside for a few days while I was sick, it was nice to get out and about and do something. In particular, I went to Disney On Ice, Princesses and Heroes. It’s one of those things that I never got to do as a child (not living in a capital city) but have always been interested in one day seeing a show. So when, a few months back, I noticed that it was going to be showing in Brisbane on a weekend, I decided that it was high time I took myself out. I ummed and ahhed about what to wear, should I dress up (the little girls are allowed) or should I just wear a Minnie Mouse dress? I didn’t want to get into a situation where I would need to leave the event. In the end, I came down on dressing up but I tossed a change of clothing in the car just in case. I wore my Ariel Day Outfit. I think there were a number of small children who were happy to see me dressed up too. I felt a little out of place amongst the other adults, but I have to not care what other think and just have fun myself.


The event itself is something to behold. And if you love Disney, then it is the place for you. Disney On Ice, if actually one event that you are allowed to take your camera to, which is fantastic in my mind, ‘cause I was able to get some shots to remember the day. I have always been jealous of those disciplined enough to become a professional skater, especially an ice skater, and these ones in costume are no exception to the rule. The perform the jumps, flips and dances. The show covered stories from a good number of the Disney Princesses – Jasmine and Aladdin (Aladdin), Snow White and Prince (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), Ariel and Eric (The Little Mermaid), Tiana and Prince Naveen (The Princess And The Frog), Belle (Beauty and The Beast), Aurora and Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty), Cinderella and Prince Charming (Cinderella), Rapunzel and Flynn/Eugene (Tangled) as well as Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Tinkerbell also pops in and out at the switch between scenes. It is all done very well and really enjoyed it.


















 













 I hope that more Disney On Ice shows come to Australia too ‘cause I will definitely be there if I can get my tickets. I had a seat in the third row from the front. I can safely say that it is worth the extra cash to get a seat down the front. I had a good view from my seat and was able to get some great shots with my big camera lens. It would have been nice to have one of the seats that are front on instead of the side, but I still saw everything and had a blast.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a great night :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a blast. And so happy that I got some good photos to remember it by. Definitely willing to go again.

      Delete