Thursday, June 20, 2013

Progress Ahoy!


Now, you would think, given that I have a new job and less time to spend on sewing that I would now be winding down for the year and cutting back on my projects. You would be wrong. Obviously, I don’t have much sense. I have a lot of events and plans for the rest of 2013. Some have changed  a little due to the lack of extra sewing time, but I do have a full six months ahead of me.
To start off with, this coming weekend, I am travelling down to Sydney to attend Supanova with my girls. And of course, that means, costumes. Three to be exact. I’m starting the weekend with Tsumugi from the Anime K-ON. Next up is Sansa Stark from Game of Thrones, which I am still finishing off, but thankfully it is just the wig and accessories to go. Finally I will round out my weekend with Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck it Ralph.
The next thing on the agenda is to finish preparing for the Abbey Medieval Festival. This year, I will be attending as a member of RIFF and re-enacting in a 15th Century Village. Thankfully, I am able to wear my Burgundian ensemble that I made a couple of years ago, I just need a few extra bits. I bought a couple pair of shoes, so I have those. And I have cut out fabric for a couple of other bits – a new red linen kirtle, and a white linen shift. I will also be striving to get a hennen (hat) and veil made as well as hose. The timeframe is tight, so I will have to see how I go. But, at least I already have my fabric ready to go. I will have 12 days once I get back from Sydney to get cracking on it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment