Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mad Hatter's New Year's Eve Party

So, what have I been up to lately?

Christmas was nice. I got some lovely gifts, and cooked some lovely food, and we have had our family down. Unfortunately, due to the massive flooding in north Queensland, the road home to Mackay for them is cut off at Rockhampton, so it looks like they are set to stay for quite a while longer. At least until they can get through.

And then there was New Year. I planned a Mad Hatter's party, where the only condition of coming was to wear a hat. I went all out on the decorations, picking Alice in Wonderland theme items and foods. We had eat me and red queen cupcakes, macarons, lollipops and a cookie clock. For decorations I bought a whole heap of red and white paper lanterns, used bunches of flowers, cards, my white queen costume and "drink me" bottles.

It all turned out rather well, so I thought I would share some photos. I also dressed up for the occasion. I decided to be the White Rabbit. I attached ears to a top hat, made white bloomers and knee breeches and a vest with pockets. I was pleased that it came together so neatly. My cousin also took the opportunity to dress up in steampunk - so we have photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment