Saturday, December 18, 2010

An Ancient WDR

And that brings me to Saturday. My re-enactment group (RIFF) had our Christmas party, which was actually an ancients Wine, Dine and Recline or WDR. It's a great theme for a summer party because we all end up wearing what are essentially sheets. It also makes for a very comfortable evening when you are eating lots of food because lets face it, you don't have to worry about your pants getting too tight. After my first failed attempt earlier this year at an Egyptian wig and draping white fabric around my body, I decided that this time I would do an Ancient Roman ensemble.



It was a great evening, we had way too much food, but it was all fantastic and actually made from recipes that are true to the time. I sometimes find it amazing what sort of research you can do on the internet. We spent the evening laying back on some comfy cushions, stuffing our faces and sipping on wine. I was really pleased with how my ensemble turned out and am really looking forward to maybe wearing it all again some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment