Monday, July 13, 2009

Abbey Medieval Fair

I was really slack last night (or just exhausted) so I didn't post any of my photos from the Abbey Medieval Fair on Sunday. Thankfully this year I had not picked up a stomach bug, so I did enjoy the day a lot more. My brother decided that he would come along with me, after a heap of yelling that I didn't give him enough warning about it.


We managed to get lost on the way there due to the lovely roadworks on the highway and dodgy signage. But the sun was shining and the rain clouds were nowhere in sight. I love how my costume turned out and was so happy to wear it. Not to mention comfortable. That has to be one of the best things about wearing medieval is that the undergarments and dresses are in no way binding or tight. My outfit is made up of a white cotton chemise (you can just see a bit of it at the neck and the sleeves), a brown gown and the red robe over the top. And of course, I decided to wear my long braids with it. I got quite a few nice compliments on my dress (rare at a medieval fair where every second person is dressed up), and I love how the train looks when I walk. The only downside is that I get trod on. People should really look where they are walking.

As for the day, we wandered around a bit, watched some of the dancers (amazing!!! Makes me want to learn too), and we watched the knights fighting. After some good quality shopping we called it a day and headed home. The shops were actually pretty decent this year too. I picked up some buttons which I intend to use for a steampunk outfit, I got my torc (necklace thing) that I have been wanting for ages, and a cute little leather purse. I am quite happy to spend my money on leather goods because I have zero experience working with leather and I do not imagine that I would be that good at it. But to top it off, I bought a quiver. (It's the thing that you put your arrows in). This also has plans for a steampunk outfit, but that is something for the future. It's beautiful though, and I love the smell of the new leather. I even bought an arrow too. It's sounds strange just buying one, but I need it to study so that I can make my own in a style unique to my outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment