Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July 29th Update

Well, my sewing projects are coming along nicely. Last weekend I managed to be very productive. I put together a pair of pants for work (I am sick of not having enough well fitting clothing) and I made a start on a few of my other projects. As I have said before, I want to spend some of my intermediate time getting some Lolita pieces together as well. Apart from buying a few bits online I am making up a few pieces so that my wardrobe is a bit more extensive. And last weekend I made really good in ways towards getting it done. I made a start on one my winter pieces but ran out of the right colour thread and had to stop. I am hoping to get it finished this weekend. But in the meantime, I am almost finished a blouse (it just needs a hem and buttons) and a dress, which needs hand sewing on the bodice and then the skirt and trims attached and a zip. All in all it should not take me too long. I am hoping to get the blouse done this week so that I can wear it come Friday. But I shall have to wait and see.

On the historical costuming front; I have a few patterns now traced off and ready to go. My regency dress is traced off so that this weekend I can cut both it and my corset. And I have finished the chemise. It was a little bit fiddley to out together (stupid undersleeve gusset) but it looks pretty good. Very plain but at least it will not show though my dress. And I have made progress on my elliptical cage day outfit. I have decided on my design and drawn up all my patterns, and I have pieced the skirt together. All it really needs is the waistband and hem (hand stitching) and then any trims. The trims will wait until I finish the bodice so that I can see what I need. As for the bodice section, I still need to get the fabric, but at least I know what I will be doing now. *Huge sigh of relief*.

No comments:

Post a Comment