Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Supa Saturday

Saturday proved to be the biggest day of my weekend. I started off the morning bright and early, getting ready for the big day ahead. With Barbara Eden from I Dream of Jeannie in attendance this time, I had decided that it was high time I did the Jeannie costume that I have had fabric in my cupboard for the last five years. It was a simple matter of picking up the last couple of embellishment bibs and bobs to finish it off. I took a good number of photos during construction, so expect an upcoming post, but here is the final product.
Best of all, I got to meet the lovely Barbara to have my photo taken with her. She was so lovely and incredibly interesting in her talk session telling stories of meeting Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and JFK.
My brother put together a new costume for himself as well - a Jurassic Park, Park Ranger. It was a very simple costume as all the components are purchased. We simply needed to iron on all the patches.
 
And here are some shots of the other amazing costumes on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment