Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Supa-plans

I've been very busy lately, thus the lack of posting. On a personal level, I have been writing an abundance of job applications. After I was made redundant last year, I took some time off for a break and to go on a trip to Japan. Since I got back, I have been on the hunt again. On top of that, I have been trying to get my business up and running more thoroughly.

In the meantime, I have become a sewing madwoman. Namely, I have been trying to get ready for Supanova, which is on this coming weekend. I have been trying to put together 3 new costumes.

The first, a Stargate Flightsuit, was a simple purchase and ironing project.
The second, Jeannie's sister from I Dream of Jeannie. Has taken me so much time to prepare. There has been an absolute abundance of handsewing involved. But in the end it has been well worth it and I am incredibly excited to wear it. It is one costume that I am very proud of. Photos of my actually in it, will be up early next week.
The third, was to be Madoka, from an Anime that I love. It is only today, that I have decided to throw in the towel on this one. The bodice is made, and the skirt almost about to be sewn on. I tried it on and am just not happy with how it looks on me. The worst part is that I know I have been unhappy wearing projects that I wasn't 100% about in the past, so I am just not enthused about finishing this. In the end, I have decided to give it a miss. It is mostly made up from fabrics that I already had in my stash or leftover bits, so it's no big deal there. And thankfully I can use the shoes and wigs that I bought for Lolita. I'm a little disappointed, but in the end much happier for not doing it so that I can spend my time leading up to the event in a more productive manner.
So, instead, I will be pulling out a few of my existing costumes to decide on a replacement.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so looking forward to pics of you in the I Dream of Jeannie costume. :D

    ReplyDelete