And there is progress. I have finished sewing my 14th Century Kirtle. It was mainly a matter of finishing all the hand sewing. And believe me when I say that there was a lot. I finished all the seams by folding in the raw edges and whipstitching down the join. In hindsight I probably should have just french seamed them straight out, but I just didn't think of it at the time. And then there was the hem. Because my dress is so full at the hem it takes quite some time to do.
And to finish it off, I just had to attach the sleeves I finished a few days ago. Of course in the matter of a few days I had managed to loose them in my sewing room. Luckily in the clean up process to find them, I stumbled across some brown cording that is perfect for my brothers monk costume around the hips.
So now that the kirtle is done, I am working on the cotehardie. Not much more to go (again heaps of hand sewing). But I really do need to get it done sooner rather than later.