Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A French Dinner Party

Things have been very quiet for me on the costuming front of late. I had planned to attend a Steampunk Ball in July however it was a bit beyond my budget and I had to sell my ticket, as it turns out though, I was so horribly sick that I would not have been able to attend anyway. My next plans were to attend a daytime Steampunk event last weekend, however it was cancelled about two days before. Alas foiled again. Don't get me wrong, I have been sewing like crazy, that is when I get the chance and a break from the Uni work.

Mostly I have been preparing ahead for a few events later this year. But first up, I made a new 1950s style frock to wear to a French themed cocktail dress Birthday Party last weekend. The dress I whipped up is on that I have made before (in red) and I really liked the design. Hopefully this one will last longer as the red one got worn out a few months ago. I'd had the dress cut out for a few months now and it was just begging to be made up. I love the fabric - a super soft purple rayon, and I love the design. I felt super girly all dressed up for the night and had even spruced up my hair colour so that it was a purple tone as well. You can't see the dress overly well, cause I dug out my warm winter coat for the evening chill had set in.


 The dinner party itself was lovely as well. The Birthday girl put on a lovely spread for us with the piece de resistance being a croquembouche for dessert. I had a blast of a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment