Monday, June 11, 2012

A 75th Anniversary

Phew. It has been a busy couple of weeks. I will start with a couple of weekends ago when I attended a 75th Anniversary fete. The hosting school had asked the Australian Costumers Guild Queensland members to attend in vintage ensemble. Pretty much anything from the 1930s onwards.

I wasn't really inclined to make something new for the event, so I pulled out one of my 1950s dresses. This one just happened to have been very recently made and not yet worn, so it was like having something brand new for the event anyway. It is a halter dress made from yellow cotton hailspot. The design has a side seam zip and two pieces of boning in the back to make it sit nice and flush against the body - a trick that I think is really fabulous. It was a very cold day out, so I made sure to pop on all my vintage undergarments - stockings, shapewear, slip, petticoats and my original vintage bullet strapless bra. I also dragged out one of my wool cardigans to keep warm and my 1950s cream and black hat. I was very pleased with how my outfit turned out, so onto the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment