Tuesday, June 19, 2012

History Alive 2012

Once again, I camped out at Queensland's biggest re-enactment event for the weekend earlier this month. Namely History Alive. I attended with my group - RIFF - in regency on Saturday and in late victorian with EDAS on Sunday - doing Bartitsu.

I didn't take many photos, mainly because I was in full re-enactment mode - which generally means we can't pull out the cameras. We started Saturday off with a full historical breakfast. I then did a talk on dressing a Regency Lady and got dressed in front of my audience - starting in my undergarments. Our day from then on was pretty easy - I was making a bonnet until we hosted the annual Officers Tiffen. We finished out our day with a full Regency dinner.



Come Sunday, I dressed in late Victorian for the Bartitsu club - we practiced calisthenics and our cane fighting skills. But as the day was wet and windy it was freezing cold, so it was a little inconvenient to do any more fighting. All in all though, I had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment