It was a semi-productive weekend. I took Friday off, but ended up doing chores for most of the day. Between the baking and the washing and cleaning up the mess that was my room, I really didn't make any progress other than cutting out my brother's medieval monk costume. The only sewing I managed was a couple of seams on my medieval gown.
On the other hand though, I have completely drawn up my patterns for my ballgown and have started with mums pattern as well. In hindsight this was probably not the best use of my time because I have now realised that History Alive is only a couple of weekends away and I am not ready with my sewing. I foresee a few nights of work this week. I was hoping to get around to replacing the sleeves on my white regency gown (they are way too tight) but that is going to be the very last thing that I do, as I have only just purchased the parts to make our day shelter.
I picked up the poles on Sunday afternoon and then went to an art supply shop to buy the unprimed canvas that I will be using to make the shelter itself. They looked at me rather strangely when I asked for 9 metres of fabric, but rolled it up for me. Now this weekend I need to completely make the thing; ie - sew the two pieces together, hem them and put in eyelets. In other words I need to make a trip to a fabric store this week to purchase a needle and thread for the canvas as well as either leather for the eyelets or some metal eyelets to bash in. I am also going to have to help my father make the ridge pole and uprights as well as putting spikes on the top of my side poles. I can see that this is going to take most of my weekend. It's a good thing that I don't have any other plans.