Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday back at work

Now that we are officially in the new year, I feel like I need to get a start on my upcoming projects. Namely, the Jane Austen Festival and Supanova. Both in April. As supanova comes first, I would really like to get my costumes complete for it first. As you know, I will re-wear my Tia Dalma costume one day, and I intend to re-wear for the Friday evening. My new project for it is a set of the Duty Blue Uniform from Battlestar Galactica (the current one for those who remember the 70s version). It is pretty simple and I have all the fabric for this already (apart from buttons), I just need to draft up the patterns (I am butchering a couple to get the desired look) and get cracking. I did actually cut out one of the undershirts yesterday, so I should be able to get it whipped up in next to no time.

First and Foremost though, I have a couple of projects that need to be done by mid February. I am making a new regency jacket and vest for my Dad's Birthday and I am making a lolita winter coat to take to Japan in February. The coat is all cut out, I am just waiting on the fur fabric to arrive so that I can get stuck into whipping it up. It's a good thing that I have next week off on leave. I hope to make much progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment