Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday morning.

It's been a while since I have posted, so I warn you now. This could be long…

We had our first dance practice for the colonial ball last weekend. I wore my crinoline and petticoats. I am really happy with the length that the skirt will sit (same as top petticoat). But I need to make a couple of changes to my petticoat. My dance partner (not naming anyone), trod on the hem of my skirt, so it ripped out the trim in a couple of places. To solve the problem, I will stitch the trim back on and add a couple of pin tucks above it to shorten it enough. We have another dance lesson coming up next weekend, so I will wear my skirts to that too. But I have to say it really is a workout. As for this weekend, I am not planning too much. I have holidays coming up and I intend to get the rest done then. And I am making a trip out to JJs at Redcliffe with Cherie and Bec this weekend. I am hoping to get some really cheap trims. But as the sewing list goes…

CRINOLINE BALL GOWN
White petticoat – pintucks and trim
Bodice – cut fabric
Skirt – cut fabric
Sash – cut fabric
Cape – cut fabric.

As for my medieval, my chemise is done. So I need to get the dress and overcape done. As well as working on my brothers. Though, my biggest task for this weekend is going to be fixing my Lolita dresses and skirts. I have lost weight lately (YAY). This is a good thing, but it means that some of my clothes do not fit anymore.; especially if they are fitted at the waist. My natural waist is down 3", so everything fitted now hangs loosely at my waist. I am going to do a bit of work on them this weekend, and try to make them fit better. One thing that really bugs me though, is that it means another re-draft on my corset pattern. I have been considering taking it in a bit more though the waist, and this just really confirms it now. They look terrible because they just do not fit properly. So I will be doing "mending" this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. :( I am sorry! No one will dance with me if I continue to rip peoples costumes! First Abi and now yours! I should be band from even walking near someone in costume!

    ReplyDelete