Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fashion Plate - 1876, 1877, 1878


These three lovely fashion plates are the latest addition to my collection. I don’t think I will end up getting many more at this stage, as it is I will have enough trouble finding a place to hang them once they are framed. I picked these three to bid on mostly because they are Victorian. And lovely. And a fabulous source of research for how a Victorian dress should look. Well a few of them anyway. I may just have to make some so that I have done them. Though it could be a bit challenging. I could always just take me inspiration from them. Anyway, they are from 1876, 1877 and 1878. So old and delicate. Will have to get the framed professionally so that they are not damaged any further than they already are. Hmmm, could get pricey.






No comments:

Post a Comment