Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tea at Customs House

Last weekend, a friend of mine hosted a vintage tea at Customs House in the big city of Brisbane. It's a beautiful building that I have always wanted to see, so it was a real pleasure to check it out. Unfortunately, due to the inundation of wet weather we have seen lately, we were seated inside the restaurant area instead of out on the balcony. Inside is a bit too modernly styled for my tastes, but the service was amazing, as was the food.

For the occasion, I wore a newish 1940s dress that I managed to squeeze out of the leftovers from a dress that I made for my mum. It was very fortunate, and I love how it turned out. The style is one of my favourites, and I really need to make up a couple more of this pattern.
 And a few more of my shots...

No comments:

Post a Comment