Sunday, July 3, 2011

Feasting Medieval Style

And that brings us to last night. I attended the Medieval Feast at Abbeystowe. It marks the launch of the Abbey Medieval Festival week with the Tournament next weekend. I have to say that the feast was amazing. There was so much food and it was of such an amazing variety.
In terms of costume, I pulled together something new for the occasion. It is loosely based on a gown from Lord of the Rings but in more of a medieval style. I am only mildly pleased with how the ensemble turned out. It looked pretty great on my mannequin but not as much on me. I am thinking of a few changes for the next time I wear it, but medieval is one era of costuming that I am rather good at failing. And as they say, you learn from your mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment