Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dining the Regency way

I will admit it now, I completely forgot about posting pictures on this one. On the 1st of July, Donna and I hosted a Regency dinner party. There were only six of us in total, but it was a lovely excuse to get dressed up in our pretty regency gowns and sit down to a meal. It was held at my house, where I set up the table with a lace tablecloth, my parents Queen Anne dinner set, candles, linen napkins and some pretty little glasses. We each brought something along to the mix to make up dinner. My contribution was dessert - a lime/syrup steamed pudding and profiteroles. And just as it happens, we toasted the birth of a new little girl birthed just that afternoon to a couple in our re-enactment group. (Yes, they heavily pregnant lady that attended JAFA with us).
It was a lovely opportunity to be dressed up in regency and spend some time over a scrumptious dinner and catching up with each other. I took the opportunity to re-wear my printed pink and silk afternoon gown - nothing too formal but still an evening suitable gown. After all, we were holding a country dinner. And I must make a note to do this sort of thing again some time... (apologies for the lack of photo quantity).

No comments:

Post a Comment