Friday, December 11, 2009

Proclamation Day 2009

Yesterday evening at twilight, I attended the Proclamation Day (official 150th Birthday of Queensland) celebration at Newstead House with the Kaleidoscope Dancers. Since the weather has been so very stinky hot lately I decided that I would wear my regency gown instead of crinoline (Way too many layers in this heat). I got to wear my new regency short corset and I dressed up my outfit with some Christmas ribbons. Oh and my Dad decided to dress up too.

Unfortunately I am a little disappointed with my short corset. I normally wear a 12C size bra, but when sewing, my bodices are always a 14 in commercial patterns. So I thought to make the size 14 with a B cup because I have heard that the pattern bust cups can run large. I took it in slightly at the centre front, but that meant I couldn't fit in the second piece of boning, and the thing still laces closed. Grrr. I think that my next one will be a size 12.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I love your dress! The ribbon at the waist looks very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete