Sunday, May 4, 2014

May the 4th be with you

As many Star Wars fans out there know, today is International Star Wars Day. Many of the cinemas around Brisbane decided to celebrate this year with movie marathons. Today, I sat through the Star Wars Original Trilogy. We started at 12.45 and finished around 8.15pm. I went along with one of my good friends and for the occasion we decided to dress up. Abi has a wonderful Jedi costume, and I didn't want to be left out, so spent some time on Saturday (when I wasn't doing Uni work) throwing together a quick Leia costume from Return of the Jedi, her Rebel Trooper Costume.

It was simply sanding back, cleaning up and painting my replica blaster and whipping up a hooded poncho. In the future I will go on and make the full version with the correct pants and blouse underneath, but for today, I'm happy with what I put together. And luckily enough, my Margaery Tyrell wig is the right colour. And looking at my photos, my poncho is a bit long in the back, but that's a simple hemming fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment