Sunday, August 16, 2009

Victorian Birthday Picnic

Today, I attended a birthday part for my cousin's daughter. It is her 11th Birthday this week, and as she loves dressing up, Cherie organised a costumed picnic for her (surprise!). We met at New Farm Park at around 11am and picniced the afternoon away. There were some very beautiful gowns to be seen and we even ended up on the channel 7 weather this evening. Mum and Dad came along in full historical regalia, and I got to wear my very new bustle gown...

I have been needing an excuse to make up this gown, as it has been cut out for months on end. It has just been sitting in the sewing room waiting to be made up. And the perfect excuse and deadline for me to get it done pops up, so I jumped on that bandwagon and got stuck into it. It is an early bustle gown (around 1870s) based on a drawing in Nancy Bradfords Costume in Detail. It is made of blue cotton and silk. I am really rather pleased with how it all turned out and I love how the colour looked on me. But onto the photos... (there are quite a few of me, mainly because my Dad had my camera all day).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment