Monday, August 3, 2009

Steampunk Picnic

And just when I thought that I had a free weekend, something new pops up. On Saturday I headed into the Roma Street Parklands to meet up with some fellow Steampunkers for a picnic. Now, since I don't actually have a complete and true steampunk outfit, I went rifling through my costume wardrobe for something appropriate to wear. I came up with an ensemble using my bustle ball gown skirts (I replaced the flowers with a piece of steampunk jewelry), my black velvet Padme bodice (without the embroidery), some bits of steampunk jewelry that I picked up on Etsy and my Mrs Lovett sunglasses. I think that for a last minute effort it came together pretty well in an aristocrat sort of theme. And I do like my steampunk to have a cohesive theme about it.

I did manage to get a few photos of some of the different costumes there, and I have to say that I am rather in awe. And now desperate to finish my steampunk costume. I mean, I already have all the fabric for it and a couple of the accessories that I want to use. I even have the bodice part cut out, so it seems like the perfect time to actually get something together. I am determined that I will have a full outfit for the next meet that I go along to. But enough about all that, onto the photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment