Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Coming to a Christmas near you...

I know that I should say that as the year is winding down, so does my costuming. But this is just not true. Currently I have quite a few things coming up in the next two months. Last weekend was the Vintage Fashion Fair, and on Sunday I made an appearance at Cat's housewarming party. We were playing Little Big Planet, and now I must steal my brother's copy and start playing that. But back to costuming:

Sunday 30th November – Twilight Tea
Thankfully for this one, I will be re-wearing my Elliptical Crinoline outfit that I wore at Montville. The only addition that I have made is that I am putting together a bum pad to wear underneath to help give a nice shelf at the back. At the moment it is sitting in my room waiting to be stitched up and tacked to the crinoline itself. I did have a slight intention to make a new pair of drawers, but I didn't get very far. I have the fabric, so if I really feel like it sometime this week I might get in and make them up. After all it is not as if they will take a long time to put together.

Tuesday 2nd December – Monthly Meeting
I know, not really a costuming event, but I will still make an appearance. Hopefully we will be able to finalise everything for the Christmas party.

Saturday 6th December – Wild West Poker Night
Not too much more to do on this. Just a smidge of hand sewing for my costume and a bit more for my brother's costume as well. Thankfully I got most of it done a few weeks back when I had a day off and a pretty clear weekend or two.

Wednesday 10th December – Proclamation Day Event
Newstead House. I am not sure who is coming with me other than Bec, but I am making progress on a slightly Christmas Crinoline dress. I have most of the skirt done, it will be red tartan. And all that I have left on that is to sew up the hem and add the couple of trims that I have. Oh and I have made a start on my bonnet too. Just last night I glued the first part together. Tonight I intend to stitch the wire onto the edge and glue the bias in place. I intend to wear it with my Garibaldi blouse. I will just need to replace the purple cuffs with white ones.

Saturday 13th December – Carols
Bec and I are making a trip out to Ipswich to the Carols. And of course we are dressing in our Christmas crinolines. Slight change though, I will have the skirt and bonnet, but I will also have a short cape to go with it all, which is cut out at the moment and sitting on my sewing table. With the best of luck I should be able to get it done this weekend.

Aside from all that, I did want a new dress for Christmas this year, but I really cannot see that happening anytime soon. I do have a few Vintage dresses cut out to make up, so I can at least get to them once the costuming craziness has ended. Though, with it all fast approaching I am getting really excited and cannot wait to go to them. And I will make sure that I have a camera or two with me to document the days. Photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment