Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Only 1 more day to my holidays

Okay so I know that it sound like I am bragging, but I am just really excited about my holidays. It has been way too long since I had any decent amount of time off and I am really looking forward to spending some peaceful days at home. Between baking and sewing, I should get heaps done. I intend to make a start on some of my sewing projects for next year. Though I will have to hit up a couple of fabric shops to get some of the missing pieces that I need. But so that I remember the projects that I intend to make I am making a list (and checking it twice).
1940s red Christmas dress (December 21st)
Steampunk Costume (January)
1950s swimwear outfit (January / February)
I dream of Jeannie Green Outfit (February 16th)
American McGee Alice (April)

And those are only the ones that I can think of at this stage. I would really like to get some of my other fabric bits cut up and made. I mean I buy the fabric for specific costumes and I would like to get them made up rather than store them as fabric. And of course, once they are made, there is room for me to buy more fabric. But the most important thing I need to get done is to make the cushions for my parents Christmas presents. I have the fabric. I just need to cut it out. But I have been waiting for a time when no one is home so that I can do it as a surprise.
Though, I need to cut out all of my fabric. I intend to dedicate Friday this week to cutting out fabric. I am just going to set myself up in front of the DVD player and cut fabric all day. I know it sounds a bit strange but I sit on the floor and use the coffee table for cutting out. It’s the perfect height and I would rather cut out a heap of stuff rather than just one thing, as I really hate cutting out fabric. I would rather be sewing it up. So I try to get as much done as possible while I am at it. And then when I feel like sewing something, it is already cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment