Monday, August 6, 2007

Victorian Steam Train Ride



Photos from our Victorian Train Ride. I had a blast. I ended up wearing my purple jacquard corset with the fishtail skirt (for Melbourne cup) and a soft satin chemise underneath. I was actually pleased with how the whole look turned out. I was a bit worried that I was using too many dark colours and would look a bit too gothic. But the purple lightened up the whole ensemble and I had enough arm skin exposed for it to work nicely.

Though I have decided to make a full Victorian skirt and bodice. Last night I ordered a few patterns from Truly Victorian so that I will have a decent pattern to work from. And I will probably go for some soft girly colours. I like the look of the linen fabric and using lightweight cotton over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment