Monday, June 12, 2017

Hot Fix

It really has been a busy few months since I last posted. I've been rather slack about my blog this year but stuff is still happening. I wanted to share my first foray into Hot Fix crystals.

A couple of years ago now, I made my own design of a pinup Elsa for Supanova. And while I loved the costume, I really wanted to make a couple of changes and revamp it all. I have yet to shoot the new version but what it does involve is a corset in place of the bra. And said corset features Hot Fix crystals. I used a lot of different sizes to get the effect I'm after.

I adore how it turned out. It really picks up the light well in full sun (which is rather hard to photograph). It was well worth the hours of hunching over the ironing board, burning my fingers as I stuck on the crystals. I think I will definitely be using the hot fix tool again.

Also, rather pleased with the shape of the corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment