Friday, November 16, 2012

And coming up...

So, again it comes to planning time of year. It looks set to be a pretty big year next year, but I will go on! The only difference this time is that I am planning to mainly use my stash fabrics. The main reason is that my job has been made redundant (nasty Premier in Queensland at the moment) and I could be out of work for sometime. I'm looking for something else and working a bit more in makeup, but it could be a while until I get something a bit more permanent. At any rate, it is a good excuse to use up some of my stash. There's quite a bit there and it would be nice to have some more storage room in the cupboard.

As for what is coming up, let's look ahead.

November 17th - Vintage Soiree
I have a vintage event that I have been invited to this weekend, so I am hoping to get a new frock made up. I have actually started this, so it should not really be a big problem. I'm excited about using the fabric since it has been sitting in my cupboard for some time now. It really needs to be made up!

December 8th - ACG Christmas Party - Ice Skating and Pot Luck dinner
Since it gets so nastily hot here at Christmas, we try and do something with full aircon. Well, this takes the cake. I'm planning to wear my American McGee Alice costume - probably with the addition of some gloves and maybe some long sleeves.

December 10th - Proclamation Day
This is the anniversary of the day that Queensland became its own state (in 1859). We provide atmosphere to the event by showing up in historical crinoline evening gowns. I'm planning to put together a new ensemble out of roll of white tartan silk that I bought last year.

December 15th - RIFF Wine Dine and Recline - Ancients
I have always been fascinated with the ancient Minoan culture, so I thought it was high time to make an outfit. I've done my research and started putting together my patterns. I have all my linen fabric and am really looking forward to this as an event. I just need to get cracking on it a bit more.

December 16th - Vintage Fair
As part of my makeup artistry business, I will be running a stall at a local vintage fair doing vintage hair and makeup as well as selling a few bits and pieces. I'm getting a little nervous about it all but I am slowly working on getting everything ready for the big day. I just need to decide what vintage dress to wear.

December 31st - New Year
I have yet to decide what I will be doing for the upcoming New Year. I'm not planning to host anything, but I do want to do something. And costumes are always something that I love. Will have to think on this a little more.

And then there is next year:
January - Vintage
February - Ancients
March - Steampunk
April - Supanova
June - Regency, Edwardian
July - Medieval, Supanova
August - Steampunk, ACG Ball, Alice In Wonderland
September - Regency, Georgian, Pirates, Victorian
October - Historical, Georgian
November - Supanova
December - Christmas Parties, Victorian, Croquet

1 comment:

  1. You busy busy busy girl!

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you've made to wear this weekend to our retro party.

    I cheated and bought. ;)

    <3 Ainead

    ReplyDelete